Search In
    • More options...
    Find results that contain...
    Find results in...
ohmesohrny

Ohmesohrny's Poker Blog

I have very fond memories of Pacific Poker.  One of the first sites I played on and I loved it....until they changed it.  There was a fabulous base of awesome players back in the day who actually played a "proper" game of poker.  Even the colour of the chips were perfect!

I think you make some valid points in your blog but I also think the cash processors might be a bit of a problem somewhere in there - something about the skins not being in control..  I could be way off but I have seen a little bit of info regarding this.

blue

P.S.It's your last chance to sign up to the CarbonPoker freeroll!

I would agree that processing money has been an issue, but thats mainly for the American sites. This could be seen as the mian issue if it werent for the rest of the networks not servicing Americans. these seem to be worse off than the others.

The problem with skins is that any joe can open up a room due to the low costs of using a skin. this makes most poker rooms not so great since they are investing much less had they paid for their own software.

If you dropped a few hundred thousand on your own software, you would be much more willing to succeed and run a decent site. Im not sure if youve seen some of these skins, but many of them look like they were made back in the 90's . Iron duke comes to mind. their home page is something that looks like a teenager using Yahoo site builder made.

IDK, these are just my opinions on the matter and likely way off, but I truly feel that the network model is not the way to go if you want to have longevity in this business.

I would agree that processing money has been an issue, but thats mainly for the American sites. This could be seen as the mian issue if it werent for the rest of the networks not servicing Americans. these seem to be worse off than the others.

The problem with skins is that any joe can open up a room due to the low costs of using a skin. this makes most poker rooms not so great since they are investing much less had they paid for their own software.

If you dropped a few hundred thousand on your own software, you would be much more willing to succeed and run a decent site. Im not sure if youve seen some of these skins, but many of them look like they were made back in the 90's . Iron duke comes to mind. their home page is something that looks like a teenager using Yahoo site builder made.

IDK, these are just my opinions on the matter and likely way off, but I truly feel that the network model is not the way to go if you want to have longevity in this business.

I thought you had some valid points as I said in my previous post and you may have even hit the nail on the head.  I agree some of these sites are just awful.  Bring back Pacific Poker as it was is what I say.

P.S. I cant play the free roll because they dont allow players from my state anymore. :(

Awww no.  What a shame.  So sorry to hear that.

About Tree Fiddy - I have never heard that before.  Sounds like a poor attempt at an Irish accent LOL

Ya, idk how it all started, but it didnt take long for every poker i was on to have at least 1 or 2 guys use it on a regular basis

Well, I haven't heard of any of those :)

Can't remember I have even seen those online. Well, I will learn them, if nothing, to make fun to some of my buddies ;)

• Thanks 1

Michael Phelps is  a pretty good player.  It'll be interesting to see where he comes in this.

I was watching the live streaming on that Pope game.  He was raising with rubbish most handsa and getting away with it too.  I had to go to bed so I didn't get to see who came 2nd, 3rd and 4th.  Where did Fish come?

blue